× If you use the Responsive Portfolio Component, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Filter Logic

7 Jahre 10 Monate her - 7 Jahre 9 Monate her #769 von SilvermanSS
Filter Logic wurde erstellt von SilvermanSS
Hello,

I'm currently using the "And" filter logic. I've realised that the and logic only seems to work between different filters. I would like to be able to apply this logic to the tags within filters also. So, in my case for instance, I can filter the 'FEEL', choose 'Epic' and 'Dark' for example, and the user would be presented with all songs that have been tagged with both epic and dark.

Or

The fact that you can select multiple tags in the filter, but only the first selection is considered is a little confusing. I think it would be better if, when you clicked on a new tag, it de-selects the other, so more like a toggle between the different tags.

Are either of these possible to do? In your demo portfolio, the "Or" logic seems to work find within filters, I'm not sure why the and logic doesn't

Also, is having a multiple page portfolio a possibility? I'm planning on having at least several hundred elements eventually, and I'm worried that page loading will become really slow if I'm loading all of those elements and their pictures in one go.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

7 Jahre 9 Monate her #771 von SilvermanSS
SilvermanSS antwortete auf Filter Logic
Hi, do you have a response for this at all?

Thanks.

7 Jahre 9 Monate her #772 von forumsupport
forumsupport antwortete auf Filter Logic
Hello,

youre right, the and logic seems to work only between the different main filters.

Pagination is currently not supported.
If you plan to use a large number, e.g. 200 or more elements, you also need to load 200 images in this page, which might take a while to load, as you already stated.
Also, slower devices such as mobile phones will most likely be very slow when sorting/filtering that much elements.

Instead of creating one big portfolio, you may want to create multiple smaller ones.
Advantages may be: faster loading, faster sorting, more pages to index by search engines, better navigation, etc.