× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, discribe us as detailed as possible, what do not work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

Error in distribution List

12 years 1 week ago #140 by elfthebest
Ok Maike, thank you.

I look forward to your solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #142 by Maike
Hello elfthebest,

we've just uploaded a new version of eXtroForms lite for Joomla 2.5.x which should correct this bug.

A little bit of background information for everybody who gets this message:

If you get a message like

- You must provide at least one recipient email address
- Devi fornire almeno un indirizzo email del ricevente
- Mindestens eine Empfänger-E-Mail-Adresse muss ausgewählt werden

or similar in other languages, then most likely this has happened:

You have emailing function enabled in this form and have a email field in your form which is not mandatory. If somebody doesn't enter a email address in such a case, then you'll get this message.

Another possibility can be if you have only one email address in your distribution list and this is the same address than the sender email address. Then you might also see this message in the frontend.

This new version (1.12) corrects this bug, additionally we have added nicer css styles for the default view and you'll now get only the fields in your email which actually have been filled in.

Please note: this bugfix is only available for eXtroForms for Joomla 2.5.x , since Joomla 1.5.x today reaches its end of life and will no longer be supported.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

12 years 5 days ago #143 by elfthebest
Hi Maike,

I tried to install the new version of the component but the error still comes back to me.

I only have this problem?

12 years 5 days ago #145 by Maike
Hello elfthebest,

very strange that you still get this message. We were able reproduce it, and with the new version we didn't get this message.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall eXtroForms, or did you just upgrade it ?

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

12 years 5 days ago #147 by elfthebest
Hello Maike,

I tried both to update the old installation to install it in a new environment but I always get the same error.

I attach the configuration of the form. The three are all different email addresses (sender and distribution lists).
Attachments:

12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #148 by Maike
Hello elfthebest,

I can see on your screenshot that you have done a local installation / localhost. Now if you don't have installed and properly configured a MTA like postfix, exim or qmail , then you cannot send emails and will always get this message in your frontend. You should try to install Joomla/eXtroForms on a Webserver, then eXtroForms should be able to send emails.

maike

Moderators: forumsupport