× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, describe us as detailed as possible, what does'nt work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

403 forbidden error on save and close

10 years 9 months ago #408 by x0pa
Hi, i just bought this addon from codecanyon and installed it without any issue, as i try to create a link and then hit save and close, i get send to administrator/index.php with 403 error and

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #420 by Maike
Hi x0pa,

this sounds like a access rights issue. It's very unlikely that Sitelinkx has anything to do with this error, since it doesn't change anything at folder/file rights, it just adds its own files to the Joomla installation.

Maybe there's a problem with the folder rights of your administrator folder, you should check if its accessible by the web user via FTP.

We've just setup a fresh installation of joomla 2.5.11 and installed the version you downloaded, and couldn't reproduce this issue.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

10 years 9 months ago #421 by x0pa
yeah i ran a copy locally and have no issues there stuff on the server to work out ;( thought perhaps you might have some ideas

i'll bug the webhost but no idea if they can help me out

i have no issues accessing administrator/index.php however

10 years 9 months ago #422 by Maike
Hi x0pa,

unfortunately, the 403 error is a very generic error, this can mean everything and nothing ...

Did you check the error log files and access rights of your /administrator folder?

Maybe there you can find some more information.

If you're using the .htaccess file, you should check if there's no misconfiguration regarding the /administrator folder.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

10 years 9 months ago #423 by x0pa
hmm i do have administrator folder locked out to only my and clients ip

Moderators: forumsupport