× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, describe us as detailed as possible, what does'nt work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

403 forbidden error on save and close

9 years 6 months ago #408 by x0pa
Hi, i just bought this addon from codecanyon and installed it without any issue, as i try to create a link and then hit save and close, i get send to administrator/index.php with 403 error and

You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #420 by Maike
Hi x0pa,

this sounds like a access rights issue. It's very unlikely that Sitelinkx has anything to do with this error, since it doesn't change anything at folder/file rights, it just adds its own files to the Joomla installation.

Maybe there's a problem with the folder rights of your administrator folder, you should check if its accessible by the web user via FTP.

We've just setup a fresh installation of joomla 2.5.11 and installed the version you downloaded, and couldn't reproduce this issue.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

9 years 6 months ago #421 by x0pa
yeah i ran a copy locally and have no issues there stuff on the server to work out ;( thought perhaps you might have some ideas

i'll bug the webhost but no idea if they can help me out

i have no issues accessing administrator/index.php however

9 years 6 months ago #422 by Maike
Hi x0pa,

unfortunately, the 403 error is a very generic error, this can mean everything and nothing ...

Did you check the error log files and access rights of your /administrator folder?

Maybe there you can find some more information.

If you're using the .htaccess file, you should check if there's no misconfiguration regarding the /administrator folder.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

9 years 6 months ago #423 by x0pa
hmm i do have administrator folder locked out to only my and clients ip

Moderators: forumsupport