× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, describe us as detailed as possible, what does'nt work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

Links breaking menus

9 years 5 months ago #679 by genegun
Links breaking menus was created by genegun
Since I have changed template and updated from J2.5 to J3, sitelinkx replaces also the keywords when they are outside of the articles contents, i.g. in existing links in the right column etc. Is there a wy to control this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #681 by Caro
Replied by Caro on topic Links breaking menus
Hello genegun,

since joomla 3 plugins could also be executed in modules.
If at a module the option "prepare content" is set, plugins will also work in modules.
The only limitation is to deactivate the prepare content option in the respective module.
Please see the attached file (example custom HTML).

Regards
caro

If you think our extensions are worth 5 stars, feel free to write a review in the JED .

Thanks a lot :)
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #682 by genegun
Replied by genegun on topic Links breaking menus
Hi Caro, thanks a lot for your answer. The thing is that what if I need that to be activated but do not wish Sitelinkx to operate on it, is there any way to exclude the module whithin Sitelinkx settings?

Also, unless I am mistaken, modules like the mod_articles_category does not offer that option.

9 years 5 months ago #684 by Caro
Replied by Caro on topic Links breaking menus
Hallo genegun,

it is also possible to exclude a module or a complete article with the following tag {sitelinkxoff} .
If you use the normal Sitelinkx Plugin (not the booster) this will exclude modules and articles from the replacement.

If you use the Booster Plugin this tag will stop the complete replacement at the page (not only in the article or module were the tag would be placed).

I hope my answer is helpful.
Regards
Caro

If you think our extensions are worth 5 stars, feel free to write a review in the JED .

Thanks a lot :)

9 years 5 months ago #685 by genegun
Replied by genegun on topic Links breaking menus
Thanks for the answer. Unless I misunderstand, it means that it will be impossible to avoid the plugin from replacing keywords in modules such as Category Content, Articles - Related Articles, etc., unless the whole page in inactivated.
This frankly makes the plugin unusable to me unfortunately and I wish you guys could work out more granular controls that truly support Joomla!3 :(

Moderators: forumsupport