× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, describe us as detailed as possible, what does'nt work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

Sitelinkx J2.5 Pre-Sales Questions

12 years 1 week ago #92 by Ryan
Hello,

I have a J2.5 site and am seeking an extension to provide internal linking. If sitelinkx will meet those needs, I will gladly purchase the products. The requirements are as follows:

1. I need links to be automatically created in a Wikipedia-like fashion. If a web page titled "Apples" is created on Wikipedia, the URL is /apples. Any time an article is written anywhere on Wikipedia and the term "apples" is used, the text is <strong>automatically</strong> changed into a hyperlink. The writer of the "apples" article did not have to add "apples" to keyword list. The keyword is automatically added based on the article title.

This is necessary because multiple people will author articles on the site. While these people will have permission to author articles, they would not naturally have permissions to other areas of the site to add site links. Even if they did, many simply would not care to do so.

2. When a term is linked, I need to ensure only the first use of the term in each article is provided as a text link. If the term "apples" is used four times in a single article, only the first use should be linked.

3. The first-use rule should apply to CONTENT only. If an article is titled "Granny Smith Apples" then the article title should not be linked, but the typed text in the article should be linked.

Can Sitelinkx meet these needs? If not, are there any plans for a future upgrade to improve the software?

Thank you for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 1 week ago #93 by Maike
Hello Ryan,

Right now, the keywords Sitelinkx should create links from must be defined in the backend, we do not plan to include a feature like automatic linking to each article by its title.

Sitelinkx has a setting to limit the number of replacements in an article, so a keyword will be linked only n times.

Sitelinkx is a content plugin, so keywords will be only be linked in the content part of a Joomla site.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan

12 years 1 week ago #94 by Ryan
Thanks for the reply Maike.

Regarding #3, what I mean is let's say there is an article titled "Granny Smith Apples", the Header tag will likely be "Granny Smith Apples" and then the article text will talk about the topic.

If there is an "apples" sitelink, I do not wish the "apples" in the header to be linked, but rather the actual text in the content. Is there a way with sitelinkx to ensure the links are only applied to the actual content, not the header tag?

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #95 by Maike
Hello Ryan,

in the frontend, the title of a Joomla article won't be processed by the Sitelinkx plugin, content plugins can only change the 'article text' part that you can edit in the backend with the Joomla editor, eg codemirror or tinymce.

The 'article title' is separately rendererd, it always contains a link to the currently viewed article.

maike

edit: you can take a look at Sitelinkx on our demo site:

demo.extro-media.de/administrator

username: demo
password: demo

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan

Moderators: forumsupport