× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, discribe us as detailed as possible, what do not work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

How do I update to Extroforms light for Joomla 2.

11 Jahre 5 Monate her #238 von marjoleinkok1
I am using extroforms light for Joomla 1.7. However, the mail function to the filler of the form does not work in that version. Therefore I would like to update to version 2.5. How do I update to the version for 2.5 without loosing the form that I created.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

11 Jahre 5 Monate her #240 von Maike
Hi marjoleinkok1,

the current version of eXtroForms (1.12-2) is compatible with Joomla 1.7 and 2.5. If you want to be absolutely sure you don't lose any forms, you should backup all eXtroForms tables, you can use a tool like phpMyAdmin for this. You should backup all tables starting with (yourprefix)_ef_ , these are the ones needed for eXtroForms. After this, you can update (ie reinstall) the eXtroForms component, or uninstall and install again, normally you shouldn't lose your data.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

11 Jahre 4 Monate her #248 von marjoleinkok1
Hi Maike,

Thank you for your reply.
Are you sure that ExtroForms lite 1.12-2 is compatible with Joomla 1.7? That is not written on your website or on extensions.joomla.org.

On extensions.joomla.org there is the following text: Please note: V1.12 of eXtroForms lite is only available for Joomla 2.5.x and above.

Regards,
Marjolein

11 Jahre 4 Monate her #249 von Maike
Hi marjoleinkok1,

the reason why we don't write 'compatible with Joomla 1.7' is because Joomla 1.7 has already reached its end of life. The last version of the 1.7-branch was 1.7.5 and was released on 02. february 2012.

We've tested eXtroForms on 1.7.x (as long as 1.7 was the latest version) and on 2.5.x , and it works on both versions since 1.7 and 2.5 use the same version of the Joomla framework.

At present, we develop and support our extensions only for Joomla 2.5.x , since this is the recommended LTS version.

If you're using a 'old' version like 1.7 (which is no longer supported by OSM) , you should consider updating to 2.5 , this version is the latest LTS and will be suported until April 2014.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

Moderatoren: forumsupport