Opera malfunction and slow page page browsing

10 Jahre 10 Monate her - 10 Jahre 10 Monate her #456 von sotgun
Firstly I would like to thank you for your reply in a previous issue :) The latest version fixed my problems. Although there are a few things that I would like to ask.

1) Responsive backround Slideshow doesn't work on Opera..It has only a static backround (the first image of the slideshow).

2) The template tha i've loaded the module is almost emtpy and I have noticed that in many computers such as laptops and netbooks the slideshow is laggy. For example scrolling the page up and down is very slow. Do you have any suggestion on how to optimize its performance? This is the link of the site:

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

10 Jahre 10 Monate her #458 von Maike
Hi sotgun,

the eXtro Background Slider is completely based on CSS3. Unfortunately, not all browsers do support this standard (such as Opera or IE <=9), and thus cannot display the Slideshow correctly.

I can see that you're using images with quite large resolution on your site. This of course results in great quality, however, mobile devices such as netbooks or smartphones tend to be less powerful than desktop computers.

What you can do is to reduce the resolution of your images, e.g to FullHD (1920x1080). This should still be great quality but reduce the computing power needed to display the slideshow on e.g. mobile devices.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.