Joomla system upgrades

10 Jahre 8 Monate her #506 von clownfish
Joomla system upgrades wurde erstellt von clownfish
Can anyone suggest how to set things up in the event of the joomla core files being over-written in an upgrade. The last thing I need is for the index.php and templateDetails.xml files to get overwritten on a live site - and I don't need to be wracking my brains trying to remember what files were changed for this module....
Can a style/layout be created? I'm new to this stuff, so a heads-up would be great and may help others who visit this forum.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

10 Jahre 8 Monate her #508 von Maike
Maike antwortete auf Joomla system upgrades
Hi clownfish,

this sounds like you're using the Joomla default template (beez2/J25 or beez3/J31) in the frontend. These templates will be overwritten when updating Joomla.
If you're using this default template, you should first make a copy of it and then edit it.
Please note, it's not enough to create a additional style in the Joomla backend, you must make a copy of the template directory in your /templates folder and then use the Discover function in Joomla's Extension manager to import it.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED

10 Jahre 8 Monate her #510 von clownfish
Hi Maike,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using the default template Protostar.

I found all the info to do what you suggested here: docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_modify_a_template%3F

I hope that's useful to other code challenged designers like myself.

10 Jahre 8 Monate her #511 von Maike
Maike antwortete auf Joomla system upgrades
Hi clownfish,

thank you for posting this tutorial, this makes clearer how to copy your template, and why you should do it.

So all of you who use the default Joomla template: be sure to make a copy first before you change anything on the code, or else all modifications will be lost on updating your System.

maike

If you like our extensions and think they are worth 5 stars, please write a review in the JED