× If you use the Responsive Portfolio Component, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Portfolio Not Showing With AdBlocker on Firefox

8 Jahre 4 Wochen her - 8 Jahre 4 Wochen her #741 von SilvermanSS
Hello,

I've recently set up this component on my site. Looking and working great by the way. I've encountered a problem though: When using Firefox with Adblock Plus, the portfolio items do not appear. What I get instead in place of the portfolio items is some plain text of my four filters. The view mode, and filter drop down menus are still there just fine.

Any advice you could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Shane

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

8 Jahre 4 Wochen her #742 von forumsupport
Hello Shane,

i've done some tests on your site and our demo site with different browsers and ABP.
If ABP is on, the portfolio on your site doesn't work correctly, but our demo site works as expected.
If ABP is disabled, your site works as expected.

What you can do to find out what causes this issue is to gradually disable your installed extensions.
You should start with jch optimize, this plugin can cause issues when it combines js and css files.
Next you should try to disable the google adsense plugin, maybe ABP recognizes this and removes some js parts.

My guess is that some of the google js is recognized by ABP, and this causes the issue.
Since all js files have been combined by jch optimize, also some other js parts are removed.
This may lead to that the portfolio doesn't work any more.
If this is really the problem, defining a exception in jch optimize for the portfolio js might solve the problem.

Regards
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SilvermanSS

8 Jahre 3 Wochen her #743 von SilvermanSS
Hi,

Thanks very much for your prompt response! I couldn't find the .js for the portfolio within JCH Optimise, but I did see the .js for the Google ads, and added that to the exceptions to separate them.

It worked, everything's running great now. Thanks very much, for both the support, and the excellent product. Very happy with it; a great purchase. I'll definitely be looking into your other products. =)

Shane

8 Jahre 3 Wochen her #744 von forumsupport
Hello Shane,

great that it works now, and thank you for liking our products.

We will add this also to our FAQ section, so other jch optimise / ABP users can easily find it.

Regards