× If you use the Responsive Portfolio Component, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Articles From A Joomla Catagory Default Order

7 Jahre 11 Monate her #753 von SilvermanSS
Hi,

I wonder if you can help me again? I'd like to be able to arrange the default order of my portfolio items. I've got my portfolio set up to display links to articled from a Joomla category, but when I go into edit portfolio element in the back end, I cant work out how to change the ordering. I can only see sorting in the portfolio elements manager, but as I've only got one element there, I can't do anything. I'm on Joomla 3.5.1.

Would you be able to let me know how I can sort these items please?

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

7 Jahre 11 Monate her #754 von forumsupport
Hello,

the element type 'Articles from a Joomla category' represents all articles from one particular Joomla content category, this is why you see only one element in the backend, but all articles from the category you chose in the frontend display. This element displays the articles in the ordering you set in the backend in the Joomla article manager.

To change the ordering of the articles, do this:

1. Go to the Joomla article manager (Content -> Articles)
  2. Use the 'Search Tools' button, and select the category you want to use in the portfolio
  3. Now, you should only see the articles from the category you want to use in the portfolio
  4. Next, Sort the list by the 'Ordering' field, click the respective Symbol (up/down arrow to the left in the table header line, use ascending)
  5. Now you can drag'n'drop your articles into the desired ordering
  6. When done, take a look at the frontend. The portfolio should now display the articles according to the ordering you just set

Regards

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.