× Please quote us your Systemkonfiguration, describe us as detailed as possible, what does'nt work.

Please do not tell us, something didn't work!

How do you uninstall it?

9 Jahre 9 Monate her #636 von globus999
How do you uninstall it? wurde erstellt von globus999
I give up. I have tried to uninstall it twice, installed over the old version and uninstalled, installed over the new version and uninstalled. nothing works!!!
What is the manual procedure to get rid of Sitelinkx Free version???

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

9 Jahre 9 Monate her #637 von Caro
Hello Globus999,

we have done several tests with Joomla Versions higher than 2.5.11 (and latest 2.5.21).
You can update, install and deinstall correct.

To rebuild your problem we've tried your issue on a Joomla lower than Joomla 2.5.10 (Version 2.5.7) and a error occured during uninstallation and update.

I suspect that you using a Joomla lower than 2.5.10.
We highly recommend an update to the latest Core version of Joomla.

Joomla Versions lower than Joomla 2.5.10 have several problems with update and uninstall instructions of Joomla eXtensions!

Please quote me your current Joomla installation version.

Regards
Caro

If you think our extensions are worth 5 stars, feel free to write a review in the JED .

Thanks a lot :)

9 Jahre 9 Monate her #638 von globus999
Joomla version number 3.3.1
Look, no offense, I do appreciate you providing a free plugin, but it simply does not work. It fails in the following:

1 - It's interface is *very* slow
2 - It has no search function, which makes finding anything a pain
3 - If makes mistakes all the time (it has problems with special characters, it removes blanks and so forth).
5 - The function to check link availability is a system killer. It freezes the system for as long as it takes to verify the links.
4 - The link-replacement function is yet another CPU killer. The application is not scalable. If you have only a few links and few articles, it more-or-less works. However, if you have 100+ links and 100+ articles it will bring the entire website to its knees. This is so because it's programming is extremely inefficient. It is all or nothing. It tries to seek for keywords in almost any php operation, concept that is patently ridiculous.

Now, I ask again, how do I manually uninstall this thing?

9 Jahre 9 Monate her #639 von Caro
Hello Again,

Thank you for your Improvements suggestions!
In your tests all php files and Folders of Sitelinkx will removed but you need to do some DB modifications.

Please make also sure that the Folder com_slp and all sub-folders / php files are removed from your system (FTP check).

You need to remove Entry's in the following db tables:
assets (search for a line (name) that contain com_slp),
menu (search for 3 lines (title) that contains sitelinkx),
extensions (search for a line (element) that contain com_slp)
you should manually remove these tables entry's.

Please remove also the Tables Sitelinkx and Sitelinkx config.

Btw. what System configuration (Webserver Apache?, php Version, MySQL etc. your Installation is running). We test it on Ubuntu standard configurations (12.04 / 14.04) and on Wamp.

Regards
Caro

If you think our extensions are worth 5 stars, feel free to write a review in the JED .

Thanks a lot :)

9 Jahre 9 Monate her #640 von globus999
Thank you.
Wrt tech spec, I am hosting so I don't have too much info about. What I do know is:
PHP = 5.5.13
Joomla version =3.3.1
Webserver = LiteSpeed Web Server
RAM = 1 Gb
CPU = limited cycles
But that's not the point. The point is the code. I replaced sitelinkx with plg_keywordlinks_v2.1.4.zip (a free plugin) with a similar (but not exactly the same) cabpabilities and the website is flying. Before this change, a single user could send CPU to 60%, now is at zero almost all the time, with no change is user functionality. I know that this was sitelinkx related because I could reproduce this phenomenon simply by un-publishing sitelinkx plugin.

Moderatoren: forumsupport